On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 9:49 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 2:04 PM, steve donovan
> <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Although there remain some odd little glitches. Consider this (Debian
>> Etch, i386)
>
> It was a problem occuring during GC, as expected. The culprit is in
> core.c, alien_function_types

Thanks for the report (and fix :-) ), I will apply them to the head at
http://github.com/mascarenhas/alien/tree/master and put out a bugfix
release later (along with some refactoring I did to get a more uniform
treatment of functions and callbacks).

> Quick look at the code - the buffer metatable doesn't have a __c
>metamethod (unlike functions or libraries) so I don't know. It
> allocates the data as user data - probably gets lost!  Not difficult
> to fix.

Memory allocated by lua_newuserdata is managed by Lua, so the Lua GC
takes care of it (eventually). I will put that in the docs. :-)

--
Fabio