On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Marco Antonio Abreu <mabreu.ti@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am writting a script to copy some data from one database to another, this script will be running all the time, verifying if have something to copy.
I need to wait for some seconds between two checks, to do not overload the DB server or CPU.
How can I implement a function (or use if already has) to perform a "sleep", to wait some (milli)seconds doing nothing.

This is a Lua version and yes I know it is not a true Sleep because it uses CPU, but here you go:

function Delay( seconds )
     local start = os.clock()
     while os.clock() - start < seconds do end
 end

Delay( .500 )
--
Regards,