King, Mike wrote:
Has anyone worked on or know of a project where non-programmers would use Lua to accomplish a task? I have been given the task of creating a program where the goal is to help non-programmers setup and capture data from different sensors.

Mike, you might be interested in (the (ongoing development of) the eLua project. While you may not need an embedded solution, they have put together a set of primitive sensor-like devices.

  http://www.eluaproject.net/

Actually, most of the talk I've seen has been on the quite active mailing list and it seems to contain more than what has been posted to the site. Also, beware that the current release is GPL. They have mentioned a possible switch of licenses.

I have provided a Lua interface to scientific code in the past with modest success. But that was aimed at programmers, so it is not as helpful for you.

Let us know what you come up with. Good luck!

Doug

The information contained in this email transmission may contain proprietary and business sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.

Any technical data and/or information provided with or in this email may be subject to U.S. export controls law. Export, diversion or disclosure contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. Such technical data or information is not to be exported from the U.S. or given to any foreign person in the U.S. without prior written authorization of Elbit Systems of America and the appropriate U.S. Government agency.