Very cool Alexander, thanks for sharing.

I'd be interested in hearing about that epoll experimentation...

I'd like to look at the 'evlua' project more, once I get up to speed with lua (it's taking more time than it should, because of challenges going on in my family life right now :(

Phoenix Sol

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would love to hear more testimonials like this, if anyone else can share
> them.

Well, we're running Lua business logic on our 64-bit Linux servers. It
handles our workload quite decently.

We have our own poll-based network layer (right now we're
experimenting with moving to epoll). We rolled out our own specialized
Lua task system allowing us to run a large number of Lua tasks with
fixed number of worker OS threads.

We have 160+ KLOC written in Lua. We're quite happy with it. When
compared with our legacy code (running with PHP + Apache), our
specialized Lua system gives 4 to 10 times speedup on the same tasks
(and we're not even using things like LuaJIT yet). Also we get much
superior language features as an added bonus. :-)

Alexander.