--- On Sun, 4/26/09, Phoenix Sol <phoenix@burninglabs.com> wrote:
> Okay, good point; I'm talking about commercial 'web
> application' and 'web service' development...
> think 'social networking', 'chat', etc.

I believe that depends more on how to 'scale out' rather than scale within a single process(what libevent wants to solve) or machine.

Almost all the containers(like apache, lighttpd etc.) can already handle the role of dispatching(massive connections) quite efficiently. I see no point implementing that in lua or other languages unless your need is very specific.