one of the anagrams generated for "optimisation" is
Tipi is at moon

So your project should be named "Tipi".
Did I win?

Geoff Leyland wrote:
Hi,

please excuse me if this is a bit off-topic, but I need a name for a project, and I wondered if the list could help.

I'm writing a binding to math programming libraries, and a math modeling system to build math programming problems. At the moment I just call it LuaLP (for Lua ?Linear Programming), but I don't really think it's good enough.

Following tradition, an ideal name would be:
 - moon related
 - Portuguese
- have a connection to math or math programming (phrases such as "optimisation", "linear programming", "math programming", "operations research", "the science of better")

The best I've done so far is "apollo", which is moon-related, not really Portuguese, and its only connection with linear programming is that it has l's and p's in it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Geoff