On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:31 PM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Penlight is a set of pure Lua libraries designed to make some common
> tasks easier and more standard.

Actually got a LuaForge release and an Icon!

http://penlight.luaforge.net/penlight.html   For the User Guide

http://penlight.luaforge.net/index.html    For the module Docs

And the download:

http://luaforge.net/frs/download.php/4047/pl.0.6.2.zip

There is a reasonably detailed example (luash.lua, just over 600
lines) showing PL in action; see the examples and the tests
directories.

To anticipate a question, yes there is a lot of overlap with stdlib.
I've tried to like stdlib, but eventually failed, for reasons similar
to Mike Pall's and because of dissatisfaction with the documentation.

The module docs are not totally complete. I suspect I am hitting some
obscure LuaDoc bug.

steve d.