Lately I notice that web pages from luaforge.net appear to
me in a large monospace font instead of the normal arial
like they did before. (I recently upgraded to Firefox 3.0.8,
so I'm not sure if it's a change in the site or the browser.)

I played around a little with a local copy of the luaforge
home page, and it looks the the culprit is this line:

( Note the 3 trailing spaces in lang="en   " )

Removing the spaces, or replacing "en   " with "en-US" seems to solve
the problem.

 - Jeff