On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 05:37:29PM +0200, Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> On 30/03/2009 16:40, Enrico Tassi wrote:
>>> is anybody aware of any project working on a git binding/wrapper
>>> for lua? search engines didnt reveal anything.
> Well, that is to say that os.execute isn't such a foolish idea, I
> suppose. But of course, Git being written in C, a better binding can be
> done, with some work.

I don't know if things improved, but using os.execue used to be the only
choice, since the git C part was not meant to be a library, or better,
it was meant to be a library for one-shot commands. AFAIK they
deliberately omitted frees, since git commands run for few seconds and
then terminate (thus memory is "collected by the OS).

This made git impossible to bind. IIRC there was some sort of git-lib (a
tentative to fix these issues, making git "bindable") but I'm not aware of its
actual status.

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi