On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Wesley Smith <wesley.hoke@gmail.com> wrote:
>... of course Lua tables, which
> I've used in binary files to save large matrices of data and find to
> be really interesting for this purpose since you can actually read the
> header info.

Very cool idea, best of both worlds.  XML sucks at actual binary data.

I have to agree with Miles that the old way of binary files was a
major PITA.  It's usually overkill these days, except for large
scientific data sets, and for that there's a few good open structured
binary standards, which are just a binding away...

steve d.