On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net> wrote:
> I'm eager to see the responses, though. If there were to be a good Lua
> debugger, it should actually be a joined C++ / Lua debugger, in my opinion.

I got this working last year, after responding to a challenge on this list ;)

http://lua-users.org/wiki/SciteDebug

It's a little rusty, needs a bit of care.  Alas, SciTE does not work
on OS X! I believe GTK is now natively supported, so this should now
be possible with a bit of hacking, but my dear wife does not let me do
any hacking with her iMac ;)

I did get Lua-to-C debugging working with Emacs:

Again, I'll revisit this if there's interest.

steve d.