On 16/03/2009 10:35, Timm S. Mueller wrote:
we released tekUI, a Lua-native GUI toolkit, for the Windows platform
today.

Did a brief test of the Windows snapshot.
Looks nice, even though I prefer native look for GUIs. "Lightweight" isn't usurped.

To quickly browse through the examples, open the "bin" folder and
associate the ".lua" extension with the Lua executable in the top-level
directory. Then you should be able to start the demos with a double
click.

Mmm, I won't change my associations for this test.
I just opened the command line in the bin directory and ran some samples with the command:

..\lua.exe demo_custom.lua

and similar. Worked fine.

BTW, "bin" name for example programs is surprising, I would expect to see the .exe and .dll's there, and the sample Lua programs in a "sample" or similar directory).

tekUI is still in alpha stage of development, but we are on the verge
of going beta. Our web site (including the online documentation) has
been updated to reflect the recent changes.

The About page, among others, doesn't mention the Windows port.

Being mostly written in the Lua scripting language, it is easily
extensible with new user interface elements, which can later be
rewritten in C. See http://tekui.teklib.org/overview.html for a
more detailed technical description.

Looks like having a solid design, it is a nice little framework useful for quick, small GUIs (or perhaps more ambitious ones, I don't know).

Fast bug report:
- demo.lua has double dialog for exit confirmation.
- Clicking in the demo_choices displays the message "Attempt to relayout non-group: tek.ui.class.canvas" whatever it is. Doesn't prevent working. Seen in other scripts like demo_presentation.lua - On most demos, I have message "failed to load style sheet 'tek/ui/style/desktop.css'", this CSS isn't present in the snapshot.

Good, interesting work!

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France