Hello,

we released tekUI, a Lua-native GUI toolkit, for the Windows platform
today. There are still some issues with this port, but it should be OK
for a first impression. Get the regular snapshot or check out the
source if you intend to build it yourself:
http://tekui.teklib.org/download.html

For the impatient (or those who fear the MingW build procedure), there
is a pre-packaged snapshot containing all the needed Windows binaries:
http://tekui.teklib.org/releases/tekui-snapshot-windows.zip .
To quickly browse through the examples, open the "bin" folder and
associate the ".lua" extension with the Lua executable in the top-level
directory. Then you should be able to start the demos with a double
click.

tekUI is still in alpha stage of development, but we are on the verge
of going beta. Our web site (including the online documentation) has
been updated to reflect the recent changes.

About tekUI

tekUI is a small and freestanding graphical user interface (GUI)
toolkit written in Lua and C. It was initially developed for the X
Window System and can serve as a general-purpose GUI library for
desktop applications.

Its main focus is on rapid development of applications for custom-made
devices, often with a custom appearance and under resource-constrained
conditions, such as for embedded devices with a display controller.

Being mostly written in the Lua scripting language, it is easily
extensible with new user interface elements, which can later be
rewritten in C. See http://tekui.teklib.org/overview.html for a
more detailed technical description.

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de>
Schulze & Mueller GbR, Erbacher Straße 26, 64342 Seeheim-Jugenheim,