Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> I guess you missed the point, not me. I did not send this as an argument
> against adding hexa chars to Lua; it would be a rather crappy argument
> indeed. The main point was that, if we are going to add hexa chars, we
> must choose what behavior to use.

My apologies. It came across to me as a reason not to implement the
feature. If the only problem is choosing how it is to be done, we're on
a good thing. However, we do not (at this point) have a message/email on
this list that acknowledges the utility of the feature and/or says it
will be done.

With other benevolent dictators I have worked with, this lack of
communication on an issue was a technique for letting the issue die away
without doing anything about it. Not stating that this is what is
happening here, just explaining why I remain vocal about the need for
hexadecimal escapes as a "core feature".

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer
Mob:   0417 456 505
Email: btolputt@bigpond.net.au

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
intended recipient and may be privileged. If you have received this
email inadvertently or you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disseminate, distribute, copy or in any way rely on it. Further, you
should notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your
computer. Whilst we have taken precautions to alert us to the presence
of computer viruses, we cannot guarantee that this email and any files
transmitted with it are free from such viruses.