* On 2009-03-10 Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net> wrote  :

> Are you aware of the patches at: http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaPowerPatches  ?
>
> "Allows \x00..\xFFFF (hex) and \u0000..\uFFFF (UTF-8 encoded) characters
> within strings."

No, I didn't know about this one, but it think it tries to add a bit too
much in one go (4 digit-hex numbers and unicode support), possibly
allowing one to use the 'bloat' argument against it.

> Making patches is the preferred way of requesting features to Lua. Though
> it (almost) never works. :)

That's too bad, although I do understand the reasons of the developers for
using this development model.

Anyway, these were my $0.02, hope this input was useful.

Ico

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C