On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Andrew Wilson <agrwagrw@gmail.com> wrote:
> C:\tmp>scale.lua
> scale.lua:missing required parameter: scale        -- Expect help to
> be shown here.
I agree - if there's an error, show the help. That's the usual convention.

But something like trim.lua has no required parameters and then the
expectation is that it will work like other filters (like cat for
instance)

> C:\tmp>scale.lua -s2 1 -- I'd expect 2 here and not interpret number as -2.
> -2

I'm following the convention where there's always a space (e.g like
gcc's -o option). But it really should not behave so badly ;)  For
single-char options, no-space is sensible, however.

steve d.