You are right.

In Dao, among the visible things, there were more things learned from python, but for the design and implementation of the Dao virtual machine, a lot were learned from Lua, which is more essential for Dao, without the changing of implementation, probably I have lost the interest to continue the developement.

Actually there are something else inspired by Lua too: the coroutine methods (there are two ways of supporting coroutine in Dao, the first resembles very much the one in Lua) and the string pattern matching methods. There could be something more, but only these two come into my mind at the moment. You can check it out:)

cheers,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Limin Fu <phoolimin@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you were upset because I wrote something not properly, I apolagize for that. But I would be quite disappointed if you think you are representing all the other users in this mailing list.

The Lua list has usually been open to other languages, especially
Lua-inspired languages, whether the inspiration is buried in the VM or
in the exported semantics.  Dao does feel more like Python, with its
lists, maps and tuples.  Lua tables are really the most powerful and
flexible data structure out there, with _special cases_ being lists
and maps!

Besides, guys, it's a slow news day ;)

steve d.

--