On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:20 AM, Ge' Weijers wrote:

An additional problem is that standard Lua bytecodes don't work between little and big endian systems, which would make it less useful as an RPC format.

As I recall, it isn't that hard to add endian reversal support to the bytecode loader. But I wasn't the one who did it at Adobe. Adobe even got it to deal with 32-bit v 64-bit issues. Some of this may actually just be present in the loader and you just need to switch it on.

Mark