On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Eike Decker wrote:

>   JavaScript: The Good Parts
>   Unearthing the Excellence in JavaScript By Douglas Crockford
>
> The book is quite good and I wouldn't say that JavaScript and Lua are so
> alike - actually, they are quite different.

I also like Crockford's book.

Lua and Javascript are more similar to each other than they are to any
other languages, despite their differences. Their similarities are:
lexical closures, fairly conventional syntax, dynamic typing,
prototype-based objects, designed for embedding in larger apps.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.