Last time I compared PICs and AVR, the later won because it's designed for C. This should also make it a better target for Lua.

Things have changed, of course (this was 5 years ago). Maybe in next 5 years we'll finally get a "Lua stamp" = embedded board where Lua integration is "included". The board could even be _designed_ with Lua in mind. I have suggested this to Atmel (AVR) at the time. In case anyone from there still listens.. :)

-asko

AVR 8bit currently seems to top at 256KB Flash, 8KB RAM. I would say that RAM is too little.

AVR 32bit gives 512KB Flash, Ethernet, USB 2.0, SRAM internal 32/64KB or via external bus. That is maybe too much.