Philippe Lhoste wrote:
On 08/02/2009 22:10, Paul Chambers wrote:
Has anyone integrated Lua as a Microsoft Outlook add-in?
[...]
I suspect I can fix perhaps 75% of the duplicates with a little scripting. But I don't have the time for, or interest in, becoming proficient in Microsoft's technologies. (It'd be faster to merge them all by hand :)

It have been years since I last used Outlook... :-)
So I can't tell for sure, but perhaps you can just export the list of contacts to a textual format, process it, and import it back after removing all contacts...
After a backup, of course! ;-)
I'm no great advocate of Outlook, but unfortunately most of corporate America is still wedded to Exchange/Outlook. Love to see that change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yep, I had been considering exporting it all to a CSV file and munging it that way. Though I'm a little concerned it may strip hidden metadata, which could trip up things like the Plaxo sync. Which ironically might generate more duplicates :) It should work, with a little care.

Paul