Michael Gerbracht wrote:
Has anyone looked at importing and/or exporting ODF (open document format,
e.g. used by open office) files using lua? I am mainly interested in
writing and reading spreadsheet tables. Using CSV files is not sufficient
for my purposes.

If not: Can you suggest a good way to start? Do you need to start from
scratch or can you use solutions from other languages? However, I would
like to keep my program platform independent, so I do not want to use a
solution that works with lua but only works on linux/windows.

Maybe "OASIS OpenDocument Essentials" is good for samples...
http://books.evc-cit.info/

I've done a bunch of very messy hacks for the SciTE editor for exporting highlighted text to ODF at:
http://luaforge.net/projects/sl-exporters/

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)