lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Hi list,
I thought I'd post a note about a really nasty C module loading
experience I just had so you don't have to go through what I did.  I
have a MIDI module on OSX that uses Apple's CoreMIDI framework.  For
whatever reason I haven't been able to divine, this framework will
crash your app hard if it's accessed within a C module that is loaded
with dlopen/dlclose.  The crash only happens when you load the module
a second time within the same running process.  The first time, it's
fine.  Eventually, I tried switching to LUA_DL_DYLD instead of
LUA_DL_DLOPEN and _now_ it doesn't crash.  I haven't seen this kind of
problem with any other OSX system libs, but you never know what's
lurking out there.

This is on OSX 10.5.x.  I tried it on 10.5.5 and 10.5.6 with the same results.