On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net> wrote:
> Would more usage of git in the Lua community be the answer?  Then I would
> still need to select, how to piece up that module (i.e. whose diffs to
> incorporate). Not much better.

An easy move for hosting sites to make is from CVS to Subversion.  The
command set is similar, much of the language and "mental pictures" are
similar (e.g., what a "checkout" means, what branches and tags are,
etc), and the end user tools are *far* more up to date.

When I see a project hosting site offering only CVS, it definitely
gives me a "not yet ready for prime time" vibe.  We don't even have
CVS installed on most of our development systems anymore, just to give
a data point.

Git might help.  I honestly couldn't say.  I wouldn't use it
personally, but that's just me.