Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
So I'm wondering whether we could keep them in flash instead of using scarce
memory resources.

I'd be very interested in seeing all this working. I'm willing to help if you
need any advice on bytecode format and the like.

I'm interested too! Since Lua is now used on more than a few small
microcontroller projects, is there some room for consideration
of making more items ROMable?

I'm specifically talking about C functions that are called as Lua
functions and are registered at boot time.

I've not done very much research or thinking about this, but it
seems tp require a set of macros to lay down the function object
structure elements so that they can be initialized at run time
when a library is opened.

I'll need to think about it some more, obviously :-)

Ralph