[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] Lua BitOp 1.0.0 released
- From: Mike Pall <mikelu-0812@...>
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 03:41:47 +0100
Lua BitOp is a C extension module for Lua 5.1 which adds
bitwise operations on numbers.
Lua BitOp is free software, released under the same license as Lua.
Here is a link to the project home page with full docs:
And a direct link to the download page:
- Supported functions: bit.tobit, bit.bnot, bit.band, bit.bor, bit.bxor,
bit.lshift, bit.rshift, bit.arshift, bit.rol, bit.ror, bit.bswap
- Consistent semantics across 16, 32 and 64 bit platforms.
- Supports different lua_Number types: either IEEE 754 doubles,
int32_t or int64_t.
- Runs on Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X, Windows and probably anything else
you can find.
- Simple installation on all systems. No bulky configure scripts.
- Internal self-test on startup to detect miscompiles.
Includes a comprehensive test and benchmark suite.
- Compatible with the bitwise operations in the upcoming LuaJIT 2.x.
- It's as fast as you can get with the standard Lua/C API.
Any feedback welcome (especially since this is release 1.0.0 :-) ).