I fail to see how renaming it to an hawaiian barbeque is somehow preferable, regardless of any dead projects.

Matthew M. Burke wrote:
FYI,

It looks like mod_wombat (provides Lua scripting for Apache web server)
will be released as a core module (i.e.  if you download the web server,
you will get mod_wombat---no need to download it separately).

As part of this change, it is likely the module will get renamed.
Mod_lua is not really an option because there are several dead projects
with that name and it is felt that changing the name of mod_wombat to
mod_lua will be too confusing.  FWIW, the current lead contender is
mod_luau.

Anyway I've not had as much time to work with this module as I'd like.
The Google Summer of Code project involving mod_wombat never got
anywhere (the student had to drop out).  But if you are looking to use
Lua in a web context, I recommend checking it out.

Matt