We are proud to announce that the book "Lua Programming Gems" has been
published and is now available at Amazon:
	http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/8590379841/lua-home-20

Check out the table of contents, the front matter, and a sample chapter
(by Roberto) at
	http://www.lua.org/gems/

To quote from the preface:
    We thank all the authors for their hard work on the articles and
    everyone that submitted abstracts in the first phase. We also thank
    the whole Lua community for its friendliness and expertise. The
    active participation of our users has been to us a constant source
    of motivation for improving Lua. Finally, we give our warm thanks to
    Cameron Laird and Mark Hamburg for writing forewords to this book.

--lhf, for the editors