On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:58 PM, David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:11 PM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
> So at this point, I think we've pretty much
> exhausted the guessing bit and some debugging is necessary.

Something like this has been reported before--see the "Plea" written
by someone in http://lua-users.org/wiki/BitwiseOperators .

 I am the author of the plea. The issue of 0xffffffff turning into -2147483648 is only orthogonally related. I suspect this stems from a double to int32_t conversion. Since 0x0000ffffffff is outside the range of int32_t the conversion is returning an "integer NaN." In other words, the conversion is assumed to be signed, whereas the value you "want" is unsigned.