>I was using bit.band() with the arguments 3 and 0xFFFFFFFF
>and it returned 0, but on Linux, the same function
>returns 3.

Was the argument 0xFFFFFFFF originally derived from a literal?

If so, I'll hazard a guess that the problem happens in the Lua compiler,
compile time, when the parser converts the string token 0xFFFFFFFF into a
number.

If your code contains the string "0xFFFFFFFF", try replacing it with
"4294967295" or "2^32-1" and see what happens. If it then works, you know
that the problem isn't in bitlib itself.