Hello all,

I'm working on a binding for using DirectFB[1] on Lua scripts, but I'm
having some problems. It seems that creating the super interface for
the IDirectFB [2] fails only when calling from within the binding.

I have put a small example code at this pastebin:
http://lua.pastebin.com/f6c58229b

The error I get when initializing the directfb interface is that the
libdirectfb_fbdev.so cannot initialize ("did not register") leading to
a:
"""
(!) DirectFB/core/system: No system found!
"""

whereas if I use the exact same code, but using a main section (like a
regular app) it all loads and executes correctly.

I'm wondering if being loaded from within lua something changes on the
environment somehow? I tried printing the env variables but they show
the same under both runs. I also tried running under strace, and the
only difference I could notice is that when running under lua there
are no "futex" calls, while as an app is does a "futex wake" right
before directfb starts to load its modules. I'm not sure if this is
the actual culprit tho.

I'm using DirectFB 1.0 and Lua 5.1.4

[1] http://www.directfb.org
[2] http://www.directfb.org/docs/DirectFB_Reference_1_0/IDirectFB.html