On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:47:10 +1300
"Ian Bevan" <Ian.Bevan@Fronde.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody in the community has considered porting LUA
> runtime to OpenCL?

I assume you mean Lua :)  Given OpenCL is based on C99, and the current
reference implementation is based on LLVM, I suspect all that's needed
is a wrapper and a few tweaks.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm having trouble imagining a situation where there'd be a significant
performance boost from running an interpreted general-purpose language
on your GPU, though.  They're really only any good at highly parallel
workloads.

B.