On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Petite Abeille
<petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2008, at 7:34 PM, Matthew M. Burke wrote:
>
>> It looks like mod_wombat (provides Lua scripting for Apache web server)
>> will be released as a core module (i.e.  if you download the web server,
>> you will get mod_wombat---no need to download it separately).
>
> Out of curiosity, how does mod_wombat compares/differs from lighty's
> mod_magnet?
>
> http://redmine.lighttpd.net/wiki/1/Docs:ModMagnet

Rather similar, though last I looked, ModMagnet in lighttpd was more
about selecting nodes to proxy to.

mod_wombat (probably mod_luau soon) is designed to let you write
arbitrary apache modules (including, but not limited to content
handlers) in lua. How lua interacts (or rather, doesn't) with threads
makes it *very* attractive for this.

> One needs to add something equivalent to nginx and Lua has the entire web
> server market cornered :D

Yes. For good reason.

-Brian