> In theory, it should be possible to create a Lua module that replaces the
> function "require" and allows calling custom DLL loader functions that could
> then retrieve binary DLL data from various places using Lua code - right? If
> that's the case, I guess it is doable with a reasonable amount of work.

I would be interested. Especially if it would allow me to not replace
require, but would provide its own package.loader function for me to
deal with as I like to. Also it would be great if it would work for
the Linux and OS X as well -- but Windows is the most interesting for
me now regarding this task.

Though can't promise anytime soon any substantional help except with
testing. :-(

Alexander.