Hi, Sunil:

I'm not sure I understand your questions...

Mochalua is just an implementation of the runtime and support libraries - it's written in a plain, vanilla subset of Java compatible with J2ME.  I don't believe there is anything hardware specific about Lua (C or Java implementation) so you should be able to use Mochalua on any Java platform that you could package J2ME compliant code for, just as you could use the C implementation on any platform you can compile it for.  Case in point, the Mochalua math library is implemented 'from scratch' - we don't make use of any vendor supported math toolkit.  Obviously, if you have such a toolkit available you should wrap it in Lua and use it instead for performance reasons, but the one provided with Mochalua is in software and should be able to run on any J2ME device.

Re UI libraries, I think that is outside of the scope of Lua.  We (Groundspeak) have our own UI stuff that we use internally.  We use Lua to drive it - but that's not part of Mochalua.  Really, Mochalua is *just* a port of Lua 5.1.3 and the functions in the reference manual, not any other toolkit.  Pretty much everything that's in the Lua 5.1 reference manual is in Mochalua, but nothing more - if you want Lua to drive your UI toolkit of choice, you'll have to write the glue code yourself.

As for brew, I don't know anything about it.  Since Lua is device independent, if you can run J2ME compliant code under brew then you should be good to go.  You should be able to use Mochalua on any Java enabled platform - Android, Applet, Java desktop application, whatever - just make a new project, copy the codebase over and go.

--P

Hi Patrick,
                       It is nice to see a full lua implementation for j2me. Does it support the following

1. Device specific issues
2. ANy specific UI libraries such as j2mepolish.org

Any plans of having a brew version as well ?

Best Regards
Sunil