Hello there,

I am building a C++ application for Windows CE (ARM-based processor) and am running into a peculiar problem. When Lua is mistreated, e.g.:
lua_newtable(L);
lua_pushnumber(L, 1);
lua_pushstring(L, NULL); // Shouldn't work, should it?
lua_settable(L, -3);

it does not give an exception, doesn't give an error via the lua_atpanic function, and doesn't output anything to the console. However, the application exits (again, without any error) and the output window in Visual Studio shows a Data Abort exception, which is apparently an ARM-specific processor-level exception. These also happen when I try to call a function that doesn't exist to concatenate its result to a string, e.g.
log("The string is: " .. some_nonexistant_function("bob"))
Can anyone give me a pointer (pun not intended, I swear) towards what to do to get some detailed error reporting?

Many thanks,
Fritz