2008/10/28 A.S. Bradbury <asb@asbradbury.org>:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net> wrote:
>>
>> To me, this sounds like a thing LuaRocks should be inclined to take on.
>>
>> Actually, it might already do such; can we just throw .c to it and it will
>> build things the "right" way?
>>
>> Any LuaRocks guru, please comment. :)
>
> I'm not guru, but luarocks can indeed be used to build lua extensions
> the right way on supported platforms when using the "builtin" build
> type in your rockspec. See 'Creating a rock'[1] on the luarocks wiki
> for an example. You may also be interested in 'recommended practices
> for Makefiles'[2], also on the luarocks wiki. I use this build type
> for my projects[3], so users won't need to edit a Makefile with the
> right linker options, lua paths etc if they have luarocks installed.
>
> Alex
>
> [1]: http://luarocks.org/en/Creating_a_rock
> [2]: http://luarocks.org/en/Recommended_practices_for_Makefiles
> [3]: http://github.com/asb/lua-discount/tree/master/lua-discount-dev-1.rockspec

I tried to build module with luarocks on Linux and Windows.
It works fine on Linux.

But on Windows, LuaRocks seems to not compatible with the LfW distribution.
After INSTALL.BAT /LUA "C:\Program Files\Lua\5.1", it failed to make module.
I guess the space contained directory made some troubles during installation.

Regards,

Park Heesob