Rob Kendrick wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:18:56 +0530
<abdul.shaik@wipro.com> wrote:
I am in the process of porting lua sockets into our VxWork
environment.  We are already using Lua version 5.1.2 and I am trying
to port the LuaSocket 2.0.2. I observed the LuaSocket's src directory holding some lua files like
(socket.lua, httpd.lua ..etc). Any body please let me know the
purpose of these files?  Are they required by the lua interpreter to
work with lua sockets?

Have you looked at them?  I seem to recall that they're just layers of
API over what LuaSocket provides, to do things like give you
nicer APIs for using specific protocols.  I can't actually check,
because LuaForge is down again, but I suspect it's harmless to leave
them out, and if it isn't, you'll discover that very quickly by just
trying.

Masterfully understated, your advice to the OP. :-)

I shall print it out a thousand times!  Muhahahaha! :)

I shall write it in longhand two hundred times, else the headmaster will flog me!!! Hahahahaha! ;-)

I'll crawl away now...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)