➢ I wonder which one will be faster, assuming there is a difference?

My guess is that it is OS-dependent. In the world I came from, “Open” is much more cycle intensive. In fact Open first answers the question “Does it exist?” before it does all its other processing (buffers, control blocks, connection to appropriate I/O routines, security, etc). In fact, I can't imagine how open would be less cycle intensive on any platform, but that is conjecture.