You might want to take a look here:

http://elua.berlios.de

A quick answer to your questions:

1. yes, it is possible to stuff it in 128k of RAM
2. 16K of RAM is indeed a very hard limit, and currently this might
not be possible. I do have a Lua patch in the works aimed specifically
at reducing the Lua RAM footprint, but it's not ready yet (althogh the
results look very promising). Unfortunately I can't give you a proper
estimation for the patch release date. It won't be part of the next
eLua release, that's for sure, as it's way too "young".

Best,
Bogdan