On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Michal Kolodziejczyk <miko@wp.pl> wrote:
> dp@xeepe.com wrote:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> As many of us surely knows, nice LuaSocket library from Diego is
>> really helpful.
>>
>> But I would like to hear opinions about following use case. In one of
>> my small task I am in need not only to send but also to RECEIVE
>> message via ordinary pop3.
>>
>> Has anyone faced with this? What is your opinion about best approach -
>> extent library, write DLL in C, etc?
>>
>> I am not strictly linked to Lua with this task, I just like it and
>> will be happy to use Lua to solve this.
>
> You may want to look at freepops:
> www.freepops.org
>
> Regards,
> miko

I've got a wrapper around the UW IMAP c-client library. It's not
packaged nicely, but if anyone's interested I can send you the raw
code. The UW IMAP lib is kind of like the reference implementation of
IMAP, but it also includes POP3, mbox, ... and can deal with TLS and
the like. I've also started a wrapper around the SMTP bit of this lib,
but that's not quite there yet.

The stuff in LuaSocket is brilliant, but once you get into using
different mail stores and TLS territory things become way more
difficult to deal with. So this wraps things up quite nicely for
email.

Robby