> hello.
>
> i know this has been addressed before (although last on the list i
> could find dates 2 years back):
>
> has anybody ever tried to write a SOAP server side implementation
> in lua (in lua itself, not a SOAP server in C) , i.e. a lua script
> which is executed on server side by a webserver/cgi?
>
> im happy to follow links or ideas.
>
> startx

Hi,

I've not done exactly that, but I have written a WebService application using gSoap that accepts arbitrary Lua scripts from a networked device that runs linux.

The program runs on a host PC and the linux device connects to the host PC via a USB network adapter.

It worked out really well - ended up wining a design contest with it.

But no, it's not totally implemented in lua, and to be honest I don't think I would want to take the performance hit for doing so.

If you want more details let me know.

Terry