Maybe setting up a tarpit scheme to limit demanding users.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarpit_(networking)

-----Original Message-----
From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br [mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Patrick Donnelly
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 1:36 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: luaforge

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Shmuel Zeigerman <shmuz@013net.net> wrote:
> Leo Cabrera wrote:
>>
>> Yesterday it was extremely slow too... I had to wait like 5 hours to
>> download LuaSocket. xD
>>
>> David Burgess wrote:
>>>
>>> It is down
>
> These troubles continue for a few weeks already. This site represents Lua no
> less than than the official Lua site, and this situation makes Lua a very
> bad service. Could you imagine a commercial site in such state?
>
> If the site needs new hosting, maybe another lottery could solve the
> problem? Or some other fundraising means?

Anyone know what kind of bandwidth LuaForge requires?

Cheers,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or proprietary to K&L Microwave, Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.