On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:35:41 -0500
Rob Hoelz <rob@hoelzro.net> wrote:

> The code will also likely contain changes to the Lua interpreter; we
> haven't done this yet, but I can see it happening in the future.  It
> is my intention to release the changes under the MIT license to allow
> the Lua community to fully benefit.
>
> Does anyone see any inherent problems with the way we're doing things?
> We're pretty set on keeping the C++ side GPL, but I'm more than
> willing to make the non-CC Lua MIT licensed.

The FSF's standpoint is that the MIT licence is compatible with the
GPL, and thus you can freely mix the code (as MIT is more permissive
than the GPL.)

You are under no requirement to release your changes to Lua at all,
although you might find that difficult if the rest of your project is
under a free or open source licence anyway!

I am not a lawyer, and you should therefor consult yours.

B.