Mike Pall wrote:
Since Lua doesn't have a standard bit manipulation library (yet),
I took the liberty to define its semantics:

Much needed addition. And I like the rules, can see how they can provide for efficient optimizations, but may I ask why it's necessary to make non-integral numbers behave in an implementation defined behaviour on modern processors? (Is it to allow for more algebraic simplifications?)

I see now of course that the mov esi, [esp+0x60]s are stack loads, when I first glanced at it I thought they may have been the x[12]/x[1] which looked like table loads (missing the esp completely - it was late)

In any case looks like a great addition, much better then userdata bitfields or similar.

- Alex