On 23 Aug 2008, at 22:28, Wesley Smith wrote:

I'm trying to build lua with the makefile (make macosx) and use the
static lib in a project.  I'm building everything on 10.5 but want to
remain compatible with 10.4.  The issue I'm having is how to make sure
the Lua makefile does the appropriate thing for this to work and I
haven't been able to find a solution.

I suspect the suggestions you got are fine, but I was too lazy to figure out makefiles for universal binaries, and just made an Xcode project for Lua so I knew what I was doing. It's real easy.

David Dunham   Macintosh Game Developer
GameHouse Studios     +1 206 926 5722     www.gamehouse.com
    "They said it couldn't be done but sometimes it doesn't
     work out that way." -- Casey Stengel