I need to develop some HTTP testing code. Since I love Lua, I thought
I'd try to find a Lua solution first.

LuaSocket makes it super easy to send an HTTP request, but I need to
send multiple requests over the same connection (HTTP/1.1) and I'd
like to be able to pipeline requests (i.e. send multiple requests over
a persistent connection without waiting for server response).

Is that possible with LuaSocket? If so, is there any example code
available? If not, are there any other Lua networking modules that
can?

If a Lua solution isn't available, I'd welcome recommendations
(offline) for more appropriate languages/packages (must be portable
between Windows and Linux).

Thanks!
Eric