On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:30:01 -0700
"Eric Tetz" <erictetz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gavin Wraith <gavin@wra1th.plus.com> wrote:
> > I would like to be able to do as many things as possible without
> > touching the keyboard. It is very unergonomic to have to be doing a
> > dance from mouse to keyboard, and pressing three keys
> > simultaneously is probably beyond my digital capabilities.
>
> That's funny, because my dislike of "dancing back and forth" led me to
> Vim, which never requires the mouse. If you have to favor one, it
> seems to me you should favor the keyboard, given that you can't enter
> text with a mouse. Vim is modal, so editing is done with single
> (unchorded) keystrokes and your hands never leave home row. It's fast,
> ergonomic, ideal for laptop keyboards or telnet sessions, etc.
>
> I just wish you could use Lua as it's scripting language. Anybody know
> of such a thing?

Not currently, though it might not be too hard to add; bindings already
exist for several languages, though one would think those would be more
difficult than outfitting bindings for Lua - see the if_lang.c files in
the src/ directory.

Funny, I just happened to be thinking yesterday how cool this would be
to do...

--
Taylor Venable            http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/

foldr = lambda f, i, l: (len(l) == 1 and [f(l[0], i)] or
                         [f(l[0], foldr(f, i, l[1:]))])[0]