On 04/08/2008 00:38, Gavin Wraith wrote:
One of them is
the facility to doubleclick on a URL in a text file to cause
a browser to open that URL. How would I go about adding that
facility to SciTE? All advice from those more familiar with
Windows XP and with SciTE will be gratefully received.

An apparently little known function in SciTE is that Open Selected Filename function (which I usually call with Ctrl+Shift+O with the caret on the path) in the File menu is able to open URLs. In other words, what you ask for is mostly built in SciTE (but no double-click facility here): click in the URL and hit Ctrl+Shift+O and the URL will open in the associated browser (associated at Windows level, ie. using the default browser/FTP client/etc.). If the URL has some special chars (eg. parameters), you can select it manually before using Open Selected. I coded this facility quite a long time ago, and it is documented (tersely) in the last line of the Open Selected Filename section of SciTEDoc.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France