Hi,

I am currently working of a project that is a bit similar to the situation here. Its still in development phase and I will announce it here once that is done. Although its aim is to provide a animation framework, but it will provide a SDL binding with lua scripting capability and lots more.

The current developmental code can be found at http://code.google.com/p/openanimator/source/browse/0.1/

The design ideas for this found at: http://code.google.com/p/openanimator/downloads/list

Also ability to create ui objects like buttons, textboxes, etc will also appear in a while.

-Abhinav